Origins of the Carnell Family Name - Wales
Components of the Coat of Arms - The Shield is: Silver with a
red lion with a gold crown. The Crest is: Red lion with a gold crown. The motto
is: "La Vie Durante"
Dianne's Mother's line
Descendants of Patrick Carnal, Sr.
Generation No. 1
PATRICK1 CARNAL, SR. was born in Virginia, and died July 1789 in Caswell,
North Carolina. He married MARY. She was born in Virginia. Children of PATRICK CARNAL and MARY are:
- RICHARD2 CARNAL, m. SALLY VANHOOK, December 22, 1789.
- FANNY CARNAL, m. WILLIAM STANFIELD, November 11, 1825.
- PATRICK CARNAL, JR., m. ANNESS WARIN, December 17, 1790.
- ARCHIBALD CARNAL, m. PATSY OR POLLY LIPSCOMB, April 11, 1799.
- FLEMING CARNAL, m. FRANKEY WARRIN, October 22, 1804.
- NANCY CARNAL, m. HENRY MITCHELL.
- MARY CARNAL, m. THOMAS WHITE, January 08, 1781.
- MILDRED CARNAL, m. DOUGLAS OLIVER, March 18, 1783.
- JOHN CARNAL, d. Bef. 1789.
- HUBBARD CARNELL, b. 1761, Virginia; d. June 1845.
Generation No. 2
HUBBARD2 CARNELL (PATRICK1 CARNAL, SR.) was born 1761 in Virginia, and
died June 1845. He married ELIZABETH DIXON January 21, 1797, daughter of
DIXON and CATHERINE WARREN. She was born 1771 in Virginia, and died Aft. 1860 in
Lauderdale County, Tennessee. Children of HUBBARD CARNELL and ELIZABETH DIXON are:
- ANNA3 CARNELL, b. 1798, North Carolina; d. 1871, Dallas, Texas.
- WILLIAM DIXON CARNELL, b. February 14, 1800, Person, North Carolina; d.
September 20, 1883; m. ANGELINA MCCRACKEN, 1828.
- CARNELL, b. bet. 1800-1804, North Carolina; m. bef 1830 possibly JOHN PARKER.
- CARNELL, b. bet. 1800-1804, North Carolina. (female - died or married bef.
- CARNELL, b. bet. 1800-1804, North Carolina. (female - died or married bet
- JOHN W. CARNELL, b. 1808, North Carolina; d. 1853; m. MARTHA A. WHITE.
- CARNELL, b. 1810, Humphreys, Tennessee. (female - died or married before
- MILDRED A. CARNELL, b. September 17, 1816, North Carolina; d. April 19,
1885; m. JOHN K. DYER, 1838.
- CARNELL, b. bet 1850-1820, Humphreys, Tennessee. (female - died or married
- EDMUND DIXON CARNELL, b. 1821, Humphreys, Tennessee.
Generation No. 3
ANNA3 CARNELL (HUBBARD2, PATRICK1 CARNAL, SR.) was born 1798 in North
Carolina, and died 1871 in Dallas, Texas. She married JAMES M.
PARKER Abt 1820
in Humphreys, Tennessee, son of JOSHUA PARKER and MARY PATTERSON. He was born
October 01, 1801 in Shelby, Kentucky, and died June 12, 1859 in Dallas, Texas.
This line is continued on the PARKER